Silverette (also known by the name Breast Angels) are small cups crafted out of pure 925 silver that fit over and help to protect nipples while breastfeeding. Silver is a natural antimicrobial, antifungal, and antibacterial metal that also contains anti-inflammatory agents. It heals and prevents cuts, wounds, cracks, soreness, and infections.
- Bra Size: C cup or less
- Bra Size: C cup or more
- Antimicrobial, antifungal and antibacterial.
- The only & original nursing cups made in Italy by fully licensed silversmiths.
- Easy and comfortable to use – no additional creams or lotions necessary.
- Since 2002 a resounding success with mothers, midwives and obstetricians.
- The SILVERETTE the original cups are made entirely of solid 925 silver.925 silver is the purest workable silver in existence, in fact with the purest silver (999 silver) it is only possible to carry out baths or laminations on artefacts whose structure is made up of other materials that can give allergies. Therefore the claim of 100% Silver are not true.
- From ancient times, silver has been recognized as having an antibacterial and healing effect; it is still widely used in medicine today.
- The double hallmark of silver objects is imposed: the first hallmark, enclosed in an oval, must indicate the silver fineness, the second hallmark, currently enclosed in a hexagon, identifies the manufacturer .
- The cups without the double punching are not in accordance with the law.
- Immediate protection from basket size C: Silverette silver caps protect your sore and inflamed nipples immediately from friction and sticking to fabric or nursing pads. Wounds do not tear up again. Your sore nipples can heal by themselves.
- Made from solid sterling silver: our silver hats are solid made of high quality sterling silver and not simply coated or silver-plated. They are handmade and have no sharp edges. Reusable
- Higher, discreet shape: our anatomical silver hats have been developed together with a unique clinic and midwives school. Their slightly higher, yet discreet shape (1.6 cm height) does not flatten your already heavily used nipples.
- Safe: no ointments are needed whose ingredients could transfer to your baby. Our hats are a registered medical device with proven skin compatibility.
How to use:
- After your breastfeeding session, leave a couple of milk drops in each cup and apply them directly to the nipple like cupping glass.
- Keep them on as much as possible between breastfeeding sessions.
- Remove cups and rinse nipples accurately with water before breastfeeding.
- Do not use any other nipple treatment in conjunction with SILVERETTE®: this could reduce or even compromise the efficacy of the product.
- To clean SILVERETTE® make a paste using Bicarbonate Soda (you should find it in the baking section of any supermarket) mixed with a small amount of water, rub this mix on the cups, rinse accurately and dry.
- Try the Haakaa Ladybug throughout the day to catch let down milk so it isn’t lost.
- The Haakaa Disposable Nursing Pad Butterfly can help prevent leakages on to your clothes.
Q: Do the Silverette Cups contain nickel?
A: No, the Silverette Cups are nickel-free.
Q: Are the Silverette Cups dishwasher-safe?
A: No, do not put them in the dishwasher, boil, sterilise or use detergent on your Silverette Cups so as not to damage the silver.
Q: How does Silverette ensure the comfort of nursing mothers?
A: Silverette cups adhere perfectly your breast. This ensures your comfort and maintains the the anatomical shape of the areola. Years of research and development means that Silverette cups are moulded with a rounded peak that comfortably fits your nipple without compressing it, and is the only brand in the world that has a patent on their shape.
Q: What is 925 silver?
A: 925 silver is the purest form of silver that can be moulded into shape. The healing properties of silver are well known. It has been used in wound care for centuries as a natural antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory agent.
Q: Can I use my Silverette nursing cups with absorbent breast pads?
A: Yes, they can. If you plan on using absorbent breast pads, place the breast pads over the SILVERETTE cups. Your nursing bra will hold everything in place.
Q: Will my Silverette cups diminish over time?
A: No, the efficacy of SILVERETTE cups remains the same, no matter how long you use them! You can save and use your SILVERETTE cups for each child that you have and breastfeed
Best Money I Ever Spent ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"These little cups are life changing for your breastfeeding journey!!! They are an investment and not a waste of money. I wish I knew that for my first breastfeeding journey. Every first time mum should put these on their essentials list! Then you will have them for any subsequent babies you might have. Therefore the cost is tiny compared to the reward." - Marie F.