How To Clear A Blocked Duct Using Your Haakaa Pump
Having a blocked duct can be painful and uncomfortable and when it happens the first thing you think is how do I fix this.
If not treated on time the blocked duct can become widespread and really painful and could lead to Mastitis the breast infection that can be agonising to feed with. Ouch.
Of course avoiding this is ideal, but it's not always possible to avoid a blocked duct.
Insufficient draining is thought to be one of the main reasons why blocked ducts occur, this can happen when there's a longer period than usual in between feeds, if there's a poor latch or a tongue or lip tie causes restrictions.
Luckily your Haakaa breast pump can actually help clear this!
Here's a guide on how to do it:
- You'll need a Haakaa Breast Pump and epsom salts.
- Fill your Haakaa with warm (but not boiling) water, just enough to touch your nipple
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of epsom salts.
- Attach to nipple and allow heat and salts to work to remove the clog.
- Keep on for 10-15 minutes and repeat for more stubborn clogs.
Now you know the true versatility and practicality of the Haakaa breast pumps and why every breastfeeding mama should have one!
Check out the full Haakaa range here on InHealth.ie.