Selfcheck Coeliac (Gluten Intolerance) Test
The SELFCheck test provides an early detection of potential gluten intolerance. Gluten intolerance can have debilitating influence on life, and early indication allows you take further steps toward possible diagnosis coeliac disease.
• Simple, easy to follow instructions.
• No requirement to limit food or fluid intake prior to testing.
• Home testing - no need to send off for results.
• The test can be carried out at any time.
• The test provides a visible result within 10 minutes.
What are the benefits of testing for gluten intolerance?
Gluten intolerance is a lifelong genetically inherited intestinal disorder, where the inner surface of the small intestine is damaged through eating food containing gluten.
Gluten intolerance can present a range of symptoms, including:
- Mild weakness
- Mouth ulcers
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Abdominal bloating
- Weight loss
These symptoms may vary in intensity and therefore contribute to an overall deterioration to an individual's wellbeing.
Who can use this test?
Everyone who experiences unexplained digestive problems or thinks they may be gluten intolerant
How to use the test
- The test requires a small drop of blood.
- Visual results will be available within 10 minutes.
- Read the full instruction leaflet contained in the pack before use.
How to read my results
- If 2 lines appear on the strip, 1 on the T line and 1 on the C line there is a positive! Result and are gluten intolerant.
- If 1 line appears on the test strip on the C line then there is a negative! Result and do not appear to be gluten intolerant.
- If no lines appear on the test strip or 1 line appears on the T line then the test is invalid and needs to be repeated with a new test kit.
What are the next steps I can take if the result is positive?
If you test positive for gluten intolerance you should contact your doctor for further tests and diagnosis. You should not avoid eating food containing gluten (such as products made from wheat, rye or barley) in the meantime, as lowering gluten intake reduces antibodies and make diagnosis difficult.
Pack contains: Each pack contains 1 test strip, 1 lancet, 1 alcohol swab, sample buffer solution, 1 tube with glass capillary, and 1 instruction leaflet.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
purchased 2 separate tests sent 1 back as there was no need for the other one first test came back clear. Very good..
- Delivery Cost €4.99 (Per Order) - Ireland
- Discreet Packaging
- SMS and Email Alerts
- Order before 2pm for same day dispatch
- 98% of all orders are delivered next day
Your order will leave our warehouse in Bray, Co Wicklow and be delivered the next working day. You will receive SMS & email tracking updates from An Post and someone will need to sign for the parcel on delivery.