The FitBall® is an exercise ball that was the first of its kind on the market and suitable for all ages and fitness levels. FitBalls are often referred to as pregnancy balls as they can be used to perform specific exercises to prepare the body for birth. Perfect to keep around the house when pregnant and even bring to the hospital if you want it close by, can be used for usual exercised after pregnancy too.
Top Features :
- Made from high quality durable Ledraplastic
- Can be inflated/deflated as and when required
- Perfect for yoga to perform some of the more difficult poses
- Great for strength and conditioning
- Improves balance and co-ordination
- Maintaining good posture during pregnancy.
- Strengthens abdominal muscles and lower back.
- It helps increase blood flow to the uterus, placenta and the growing baby.
- Increases pelvic diameter thus helps the baby find a great position for birth.
- Burst resistant.
Class I Medical Device compliant with European regulation.
Burst Resistant Quality (BRQ) with a maximum load of 120 kg (270 lbs).
- Use the ball in labour for a Natural Birth - coping with contractions, relaxation, progressing labour and using the ball to support mobile, active birth positions.
- NOTE: The Pump is sold separately.
- Latex Free.
- Phthala Free.
- BPA Free.
- Lead Free.
- Recyclable Product.
- Class I Medical Device compliant with European regulation.
- Burst Resistant Quality (BRQ) with a maximum load of 120 kg (270 lbs).
- In case of puncture the ball deflates slowly. The BRQ system works with max. 120 kg – 270 lbs. The BRQ quality balls are marked with the Burst Resistant Quality logo. Their specific formula prevents the ball from bursting in case of puncture. The BRQ balls have the same resiliency features as the standard quality balls.
- 55cm diameter : for women 155cm to 169cm tall
- 65cm diameter : for women 170 to 184cm tall
- Supports 120kg max.
How to use:
- When sitting on the ball, with your feet flat on the floor, your hips should be raised approx 10cm above your knees.
- This raised sitting position brings the weight of the baby forward, giving relief from back pain and general discomfort felt in pregnancy.
- This position also keeps the pelvis open and pressure off your lower back during labour and contractions.
- Read: Hospital Bag Essentials.
- Read: Preparing for labour.
- Read: How to Manage Back Pain During Pregnancy