How to Boost Your Immunity
Cold, cough and flu season isn't over yet, and you may be wondering how to boost your immunity this winter. What exactly is immunity? What Is the Immune System? Our immune system is our body's natural defense against infections, attacking germs to help keep us healthy. Here are our top tips on how to boost yours so that you'll be well prepared for any nasties that come your way:
- Eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables. These foods are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that support overall health and boost immunity. You should especially consider superfoods such as blueberries, salmon ,spinach, avocado, nuts, sweet potatoes, green tea and chia seeds.
- Exercise regularly. This helps to boost your immunity by increasing circulation, allowing immune cells and antibodies to travel more easily throughout the body. Exercise is also known to reduce stress, which can weaken the immune system. It helps to promote healthy sleeping, a vital factor for immune function. It also triggers an endorphin release, which are natural mood-boosting and pain-relieving chemicals that are known to enhance your immunity.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is essential for the immune system, as it allows the body to repair and regenerate. During sleep, the immune system produces cytokines, which help the body to fight off inflammation and infections.
- Minimize stress in your life, or learn to manage stress effectively. Stress can weaken the immune system by releasing hormones that suppress the activity of immune cells.
- Avoid tobacco and excessive alcohol consumption.
- Take vitamins and supplements as recommended by a doctor.
- Stay hydrated.
- Practice good hygiene, such as washing hands frequently.
Advice & articles
Beaba's MUST-HAVE Products You Need To Make Weaning A Breeze!15th Mar 2023
Weaning your baby can be an exciting time, but it can also prove a stressful experience for you both
What is SIDS and How Can the Risk Be Reduced?16th Feb 2023
As a parent, you're likely to have heard of SIDS, or Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. It is classified
How to Cope With Back Pain During Pregnancy13th Feb 2023
Suffering from back pain during pregnancy? It's one of the most common complaints, especially toward
- Read more articles