Pregnacare prenatal supplement is the most popular and trusted by mums to safeguard the diet of those who are planning for pregnancy or are already pregnant. A scientifically developed formulation of 19 important vitamins and minerals.
- Expert nutrition for mother and baby: Pregnacare contains 400mcg folic acid and 10mcg vitamin D, as advised by the UK Department of Health D during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Pregnacare has been carefully developed by experts so that all ingredient levels are within safe levels for pregnancy and are moderate rather than excessive.
- Recommended level of folic acid & vitamin D: The UK Department of Health recommends women planning a baby should take a supplement containing 400mcg of folic acid from the start of trying to conceive until the 12th week of pregnancy. This is the exact amount of folic acid contained in Pregnacare. Supplemental folic acid intake increases maternal folate status†. Low maternal folate status is a risk factor in the development of neural tube defects in the developing foetus. Folic Acid is also beneficial beyond 12 weeks as it contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy.
- Important: Some pregnancy formulas do not include the exact 10 mcg vitamin D, as advised by the UK Department of Health D during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
- More than folic acid alone - with B12 and key minerals: Many studies show the importance of ensuring the correct intake of various vitamins and minerals throughout the entire pregnancy and as part of an aftercare plan. Pregnacare provides a range of nutrients for overall support, all at sensible, carefully balanced levels, including vitamins B2, B6 and B12 which contribute to normal red blood cell formation.
- Pregnacare avoids high dose iron which is not recommended: Unlike many prenatal iron supplements, Pregnacare has been specifically formulated with an ideal, moderate level of iron. High levels of iron are not recommended unless there is a particular requirement as identified by your healthcare professional.
- Before conception: Pregnacare is recommended before conception to build up the stores of nutrients such as iron in women who are trying for a baby. Good nutrition is important to help prepare a woman's body for the additional demands placed on it during pregnancy. Certain nutrients, like folic acid, vitamin B12 and zinc are also of particular importance from the very first moment of conception. Zinc contributes to normal fertility and reproduction whilst vitamin B12 contributes to normal red blood cell formation and also has a role in the process of cell division.
- For all of pregnancy : Good nutritional intake is vital throughout pregnancy, not just the first 12 weeks. Pregnacare provides essential nutrients throughout pregnancy including folic acid which plays an important role during the full nine months and contributes to normal blood formation. You can start taking Pregnacare at any point during pregnancy.
- Specially formulated by experts :Pregnacare has been formulated by experts to help safeguard a mother's diet during pregnancy. It provides a comprehensive spectrum of essential nutrients at carefully chosen safe levels, developed on the basis of international research. It has always contained the recommended level of 400mcg folic acid**. Pregnacare is proud to work in partnership with the Royal College of Midwives to support the health of mothers and babies by raising awareness of the benefits of good nutrition.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, lactose, yeast and gelatin
- Gluten free
- Pregnacare is not tested on animals
- UK's No.1 branded manufacturer in vitamins, minerals and supplements.
How to Use:
- Take one tablet per day with your main meal.
- Swallow with water or a cold drink and take with a main meal. Not to be chewed. Do not exceed recommended intake. To be taken only a full stomach.
- You can start taking Pregnacare at any point during pregnancy.
- This comprehensive formula replaces other Pregnacare supplements and multivitamins. There is no need to take an additional multivitamin.
- Hazards and Cautions
As with other supplements, seek professional advice before using if you are under medical supervision or suffer from food allergies.
- As Pregnacare® contains vitamin K, if you are taking oral anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin) do not take Pregnacare® except on the advice of a doctor. Vitamin K is not known to specifically interact with the action of aspirin or heparin.
- This product contains iron, which if taken in excess by very young children may be harmful.
- Food supplements must not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- Also available are the Vitabiotics Pregnacare Plus 56 Tablets
When is Pregnacare recommended?
- Pregnacare is recommended as soon as you start trying to conceive to help safeguard your nutritional needs before you find you are pregnant; throughout the whole of your pregnancy and also whilst breast-feeding when extra demands are placed on your body. Pregnacare can be used for as long as required and can be started at any point during pregnancy.
What happens if I miss a day of Pregnacare?
- A regular intake is recommended, but don’t worry, this will not have done any harm. Simply take Pregnacare on the next day when you remember and take as directed. You should not take more than the recommended amount on subsequent days to make up for any day(s) that you have missed. Whilst it is important to take a supplement every day, if you miss one day this is fine because the beneficial effects of the vitamins and minerals build over time.