The Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield is a world-first design made of 100% soft silicone, with an extended teat that puts space between your nipple and your baby’s mouth.
- Patented one-piece design with no joints, cracks or edges
- Nipple design allows babies to mimic a natural sucking rhythm, making it easier for babies that have difficulty latching
- Suctions on to all breast shapes, making it easier for new mums to use and enjoy a hands-free breastfeeding experience
- The anti-slip ridged outer edge make the nipple shield easier to hold while the baby is feeding
- Anti-colic and variable flow nipple allows baby to drink continuously without gasping for air or drinking bubbles and prevents them from choking if milk flows too fast
- Space between mum’s nipple and the nipple shield head prevents baby from biting the nipple
- BPA, PVC and phthalate-free
How to Apply
- 1. Squeeze the chamber and fold back the base of the shield.
- 2. Centre the opening of the shield over your nipple and return the base to its original position.
- 3. Release your grip on the chamber and you will feel light suction.
- 4. You may not get the shield perfectly in place first try, so readjust until the shield is comfortable.
- 5. Introduce your baby to the shield to start feeding. Your breast milk will continue to flow into the extended teat, allowing your baby to feed.
Top Tip: Try expressing a few drops of breast milk into the shield before attaching to promote an easier latch.