BabyDan Configure / Flex XL Gate / Room Divider / Fireguard - White (90-278 cm)
The heat resistant BabyDan 5 Panel Hearth Gate is easy to mount and you can extend your gate with extra extensions and position all sections as you wish. The extra wide door section provides easy access, and has a double locking handle for extra safety, which can easily be opened with one hand by an adult. Thanks to the quick release fittings, the gate can easily be dismounted from the wall fittings without the use of any tools. Configure/Flex XL can be extended as far as you need with with additonal panels (33 cm or 72 cm) which are available separately.
When used as a fire surround, always place the gate minimum 75cm away from the source of heat/fire (stove) and a minimum of 90cm from an open fire. Should it not be possible to keep the minimum recommended distances we recommend you buy extra extensions which are available in either 33cm or 72cm. You might also be suited to the BabyDan Configure XXL which is our largest gate.
- - This gate is adaptable and can be shortened or lengthened to suit your needs.
- - Made in Denmark and put through rigorous testing and the highest safety standards.
- - Hearth gate has a single hand adult release handle
- - Its the only brand hearth gate with round corners for maximum protection
- - No toxins used in the product coating - specifically designed to sit in front of a hearth!
- - Extendable with extra extensions
- - Free standing or fits to the wall with a easy clip on and off system.
- - Height of 71cm
What Comes in the Box?
- - 1 x door section (72 cm) + 2 x large sections (72 cm)
- - 2 x small sections (33 cm) (Please note: These are joined together when you open the box and can easily be separated)
- - Wall fittings
- - Detailed easy-to-follow instructions which you can also download here
Please see the size guide below and choose the closest size that suits your hearth or stove. Some points to note. Measure your hearth's length and depth - it's better to use cm for a smaller increment of accuracy.
|1 x 72cm section + 2 x 33cm sections|
|3 x 72cm sections|
|3 x 72cm sections + 2 x 33cm sections|
|5 x 72cm sections|
Watch Our Video to understand this Gate:
European Safety Standard:
European Safety Barriers Standard (EN 1930:2011)
A revised European standard EN 1930:2011 was published by the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) in December 2011. It concerns the domestic indoor use of child safety barriers across door openings and replaces the current standard EN1930: 2000 and its amendment A1: 2005. European National Standard Organizations bound to CEN/CENELEC have to publish this new document until June 30, 2012.
Safety barriers used in the home are intended to guard crawling infants and toddlers against accidents such as falling down the stairs and access to the many dangers present in kitchens and bathrooms, such as burns from touching the stove, scalds or impacts from pulling down cooking pots and poisoning from drinking cleaning fluids. Young children under 2 years of age are sometimes violent at play and are always naturally curious and unaware of dangers. They often find inventive ways to overcome barriers such as baby gates, calling for equally inventive safety features to prevent them from doing so.
Still confused or need a custom fit?
If you are still unsure which gate is suitable for your space give us a call with your measurements and one of our baby safety experts will be happy to help. Phone Us 01 9036398