Peri Prep Your Bits is an award winning softening and moisturising oil for perineal massage, Ideal from 34 weeks pregnant. It is midwife developed and mum approved, so you know you're in thre right hands. The oil contains a unique blend of natural and essential oils to help nourish, protect and promote skin elasticity. Includes lavender oil to promote healing and regeneration, avocado oil to protect, sweet almond oil to nourish and moisturise. Perineal massage from 34 weeks has been clinically proven to help stretch the perineum (the area of skin that stretches during childbirth) and make it more elastic, therefore reducing the risk of tearing or the need for an episiotomy, and help to improve the chances of recovering sooner after birth.
- Includes lavender oil to promote healing and regeneration, avocado oil to protect, sweet almond oil to nourish and moisturise.
- Has a controlled-flow bottle, so no mess or wastage.
- Designed to be used to massage external skin before, during and after pregnancy.
- Massage yourself or ask your partner to do it.
- A little goes a long way!
- This product is safe to use throughout pregnancy.
- We recommend perineal massage 2-3 times per week from 34 weeks of pregnancy.
- Can also be used as a body massage oil.
- For external use only.
How to use:
- To do perineal massage - You want to feel relaxed and comfortable before perineal massage so why not have a bath and relax.
- The warm water will encourage your blood vessels to dilate which also softens the perineum. Find a place where you feel safe, comfortable and won’t be interrupted.
- This could be still in the bath or in bed.
- You might find it easier to use a mirror for the first few massages until you’re happy with the technique.
- Pour 1-2 drops of Peri Prep on to your perineum. Place one or both thumbs within the back wall of your vagina, resting one or both forefingers on your buttocks.
- Massage gently downwards towards your rectum in a ‘U’ shaped movement.
- Aim to massage the area inside your vagina rather than the outer skin for approximately five minutes.
- Massage as often as you wish, but for the best results, aim for once a day or every other day.
- The massage should be comfortable, although a stretching sensation is normal.
- Best Buy - The Green Parent Natural Beauty Awards 2019.
- Best Buy - The Green Parent Natural Beauty Awards 2018.
Read: Preparing for labour.