Bumbo Baby Products
Bumbo are the makers of the by now famous Bumbo Baby Sitter or the Bumbo Baby Seat. Bumbo also make a tray for their Bumbo seat and a toilet trainer, which has the same basic shape as the Bumbo baby sitter. Please see further information below on the Bumbo baby products.
The unique and innovative Bumbo Baby Sitter or Bumbo Baby Seat is designed as a seat for babies who may not yet be old enough or strong enough to sit upright unaided, and it is also perfect for older babies too. The Bumbo seat allows them to sit upright in a safe and comfortable sitting position. The earliest you can use the Bumbo seat is when the baby is able to support their own heads unaided; this can occur as early as 8 weeks old. The general weight limit on the Bumbo seat is up to approx. 22 lbs., but this can be higher on some children with special needs.
Features or advantages of the Bumbo Baby Seat:
- The Bumbo Seat is versatile and gives you that extra pair of hands to hold or mind your baby, so it gives hands-free baby care
- This seat can be used in many ways:
- To hold your baby upright like a highchair would while you feed them
- To allow them to sit up and watch what is going on around them - their older brothers or sisters playing, what mammy or daddy is doing, even some baby television!
- To allow them to play with toys without them being on their back, with has the risk of toys falling on their face, or on their tummy where they do not have as much freedom to move their whole arms
- To allow you to play with your baby who is sitting upright and watching you, as opposed to you holding them; your hands are free to play clapping games, etc. This is great for bonding with your baby and getting maximum interaction and communication with your child
- The Bumbo Seat is hygienic, non-toxic, safe and portable
- A big advantage to the Bumbo seat is that it does not require straps or fasteners to hold your baby in, making it very quick to place your baby into it and take your baby out again
- It is made from low-density foam material, which make it both lightweight and portable
- It is manufactured to the highest safety standards
- The Bumbo seat is made from non-toxic, environmentally-friendly polyurethane; it does not contain Latex
- The Bumbo seat is soft and comfortable for your baby
- The outer layer or skin covering the Bumbo seat is durable and easy to clean
- As the Bumbo seat is so light, it can be brought to the park, the beach or while visiting; not every home you call to will have a high-chair, and often the high chair you have at home does not fold flat for ease of transport
- The Bumbo seat are perfect too if you have twins or even triplets; one or more of the Bumbo baby sitters can be used to hold a baby safety while you deal with the needs of another baby
- The suggested age-range for the Bumbo seat is 3 months to 14 months, depending on the size and mobility of your baby
For safety reasons, your child should never be left unattended in the Bumbo seat; depending on the age of the child and their individual development, some children may be able to climb out of the Bumbo seat. Also, the safety of the Bumbo seat also depends on the mobility of the baby and how secure the surface is that the Bumbo seat was placed on. Never place a child in a Bumbo seat on a table. The Bumbo seat is not designed for use in the bath.
What makes the Bumbo seat so special?
- The seat on the Bumbo Baby Sitter is at a lower level than the leg openings; this results in the Bumbo seat providing the correct support for the lumbar area of your baby’s vertebral column
- The Bumbo seat has a favourable orthopaedic effect; this is important to help with the correct spinal development of your baby
- The Bumbo seat has raised leg spaces or leg openings. This results in an increased flexibility of the baby’s hip and knee joints; this decreases stress on your baby’s spine
- The Bumbo seat has a front support between the leg spaces or the leg openings; this prevents the baby from sliding forward, but will not push against your baby’s groin.
The Bumbo seat has won numerous awards that confirms its popularity and makes it an ideal baby gif, or a present for your own baby.
The Bumbo Play Tray attaches directly to the Bumbo baby sitter. The play tray has many uses:
- Your baby can play with their toys on the play tray as now these toys are in easy reach; this can keep them amused for ages. This may possibly be the first time your baby can sit up and play, so this gives them a whole new way of amusing themselves. They also learn hand - eye co-ordination when sitting up like this - they can choose what toy to play with if a few have been placed in from of them, or select a part of a top that is particularly appealing to them
- Your baby, when they are old enough, can pick up small pieces of food from the play tray and start learning how to feed themselves
- Your baby cannot get out of the Bumbo Baby Sitter once the tray is in place, and as they are playing or maybe eating, they can amuse themselves for longer - this could be the start of their independence!
Note: your baby should never be left alone or unsupervised in the Bumbo Baby Sitter, regardless of whether they are just sitting in it, or playing or feeding.
The Bumbo Toilet Trainer is perfect for training your toddler to sit on the toilet as part of their potty-training. It sits securely onto your toilet and, particularly if they have been familiar with the Bumbo seat, your toddler will feel safe sitting on it as it has the same basic design.
The Bumbo Toilet Trainer fits most toilet seats, and is made from seamless soft confortable foam with a built-in backrest. It is very easy to clean and is available in blue and pink.
All these great Bumbo products are delivered the next day from our warehouse in Dublin.
© 2010 Inhealth Ireland